Search This Blog

Friday, October 30, 2009

B.S. – Racist too Dumb to Realize


B.S. – Racist too Dumb to Realize

There are long hours and sometimes many of those hours are spent in a holding pattern, waiting for the other cogs in the wheel to line up properly so the process can move forward.  It is in the midst of this waiting game that you see the walls of careful invention begin to come down and colleagues begin to speak their minds.

So, one day, we are having a discussion about the problems of illegal immigration and the burden on the country, as a result.  Please note: immigration isn’t a problem, by nature.  Illegal, unorganized, unregulated immigration, is a problem.  It costs the taxpayers a ton and is a very real national security issue that must be dealt within the midst of a rather serious discussion about solutions and unintended consequences, a colleague sitting nearby pipes up and offers his own assessment of the roots of this problem.  Please note also: These are not my words or a reflection of my personal beliefs.  My inside voice will speak in italics.

The guy starts like this: “Well, it is no wonder Mexicans disregard our immigration laws more than any other group.”  Do tell, oh mentally stunted one.  “Everyone knows that the Mexican government is corrupt and that there is a whole culture of corruption all across Mexico.  Those people just don’t have a concept of the rule of law.  They can’t help it, really. “

To wit, I ask, “So are you saying that Mexicans are, by nature, criminals?” Surely, he will pick up my cue to back peddle when I tee this up for him to fix.  He answers, “Oh definitely.  How can expect someone from a culture of corruption to ever grasp the concept of following the law?”  Some things can’t be fixed, I am thinking, so might as well have some fun with this knuckle head.   

I put on my best act of being truly inspired and eager to hear more and say, “Wow.  Well that really explains a lot.  So, I guess we should assume that ALL Mexicans, whether they came here legally in the traditional paths of immigration or by sneaking through the desert, to be suspect?”  At this point, I am sure he is going to see the flaw in his retarded logic and start swimming for the shore.  Instead, he replies, “Probably.  I mean, there no sense putting yourself in a risky situation with an unknown.”

Yes, it is true.  There IS no test for I.Q. or even a measured amount of common sense or a basic ability to utilize logic in order to get elected.  Racists are everywhere.  They work in your company and they have worked in mine.  But, this little episode was very eye opening and made me A) Happy for term limits and B) Glad this guy didn’t give a lot of speeches in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, if you are so moved. But, I reserve the right to delete obnoxious postings by obnoxious users (you know who you are). No profanity will be tolerated, except by me, and only when it is absolutely necessary to properly punctuate a sentence to illustrate the proper level of passion.